Victim First Quality Mark
I am delighted to announce that Victim First have been awarded the Victim’s Choice Quality Mark. The process had been intense, and included:
- Completing a self-assessment which asked a wide range of questions to gather information to demonstrate how Victim First met the quality criteria and performance indicators. The self-assessment was submitted alongside lots of relevant evidence that supported our responses such as; policies, support tools etc.
- The self-assessment and the evidence was then robustly reviewed by Supporting Justice.
- This was then followed by a two-day site visit where Supporting Justice colleagues interviewed staff, service users and also our partner organisations to determine if the criteria is being met. The visit also involved observing Caseworkers who provided support to victims and witnesses.
- After the visit, a report was produced by Supporting Justice and was sent to our Commissioners, showing areas that had been met, areas in which we excelled and areas which need some improvement.
- We were then awarded the quality mark!
I am really proud of everyone at Victim First for this huge achievement, their constant dedication to provide the best possible service to victims and witnesses across Leicester, Leicestershire and Rutland. This whole process has made us more confident and proud of what we do at Victim First. We are constantly learning, and the recommendations that were made had clarified what we needed to do to make Victim First an even better service.
A small presentation event took place at Leicestershire Police Headquarters on Friday 21st February 2020, were Supporting Justice present the Victim First team with the award. The Police and Crime Commissioner, Lord Willy Bach attended, along with some of our service users.
You can read more about this achievement in the Leicester Mercury, Harborough Mail and on the Catch22 News page.
Head of Service