Skip to content



How can you help?

If a friend of yours has been affected by crime, depending on what type of incident they’ve been involved in, your friend may be experiencing many types of emotion:

  • upset
  • fear
  • anger
  • denial (pretending it didn’t happen)
  • loneliness
  • depression
  • anxiety

Even if they’re getting help from their family and other friends, your friend probably needs you more than ever. You might be one of the only people they feel they can be honest with.

Encourage your friend to speak a trusted adult like a parent or teacher if they haven’t already.

If your friend hasn’t already they might want to speak to the Police. If you or your friend are in danger or it’s an emergency call 999 now.


Someone I know needs help

You or your friend can speak to us, we’re here to listen and provide support.

Contact the Police on 101 or if it’s an emergency call 999 now.

If you or your friend feel unable to talk to the Police, you could contact CrimeStoppers on 0800 555 111 or Childline 0800 1111.


More information