Help for Adults
Definition: Criminal damage is both intentional and unintentional damage to your home, property or vehicle by another individual.
Actions to consider
- If you are witnessing the crime being committed contact the Police immediately. In an emergency always call 999.
- If personal items have been stolen from the vehicle or property ensure that you contact the relevant organisations to cancel and report the stolen items, for example; passport, bank cards, driving licence.
- If your property has been damaged contact the relevant organisations to report the incident and get it repaired quickly, for example; insurance companies or local authority.
- Speak to someone. We all need support at some time or another and asking for help can be difficult, Victim First are here when you want to talk.
- Visit Leicestershire Police for first-hand knowledge, industry best practices and practical crime prevention advice from officers and specialist teams all across the police.
Victim First Can Provide:
- Emotional Support to cope and recover from the crime
- Information on other agencies
- Advice on Crime Prevention
- Practical support such as a personal alarm or window/door alarm
- Restorative contact between victim and offender
- Support using Language interpreters and British Sign Language interpreters