It is important to address what has changed for Victim First since the COVID-19.
Victim First are still proactively supporting victims and witnesses of crime across Leicester, Leicestershire and Rutland.
Due to the government guidance, we are unable to offer community or home visits during this period and have had to postpone several community surgeries. Although, our opening times still remain the same and we have the option of a webchat service on the website. We are open 9am-6pm Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday and Saturday and 9am-8pm on Wednesdays and our number is 0800 953 9595.
We at Victim First can appreciate it is a difficult time for all of us.
So we have detailed below some ways to keep yourself safe during COVID-19.
In reference to the Government advice:
- Stay at home, only go outside for food, health reasons or work (if you cannot work from home and are a key worker)
- If you go out, stay 2 metres (6ft) away from other people at all times.
- Wash your hands frequently.
- Do not meet others, even family and friends.
- Contact NHS 111 if you are experiencing any health concerns and keep updated on their website.
In reference to Self-care:
- Create a daily routine and keep yourself motivated with ‘to do lists’
- If you are working from home, create a space for your working area to allow for a boundary to be created from work and home life.
- Social interaction is important so communicate with family, friends, colleagues via SMS, telephone calls and facetime.
- Take regular breaks.
- Make sure you exercise daily.
- Practise mindfulness to help manage worries and anxieties.
- Eat well.
- Sleep well.
- Lastly on the days where you are feeling overwhelmed, stressed or low, validate this as it is OK not be OK. Stay calm, remain grounded and look at techniques which have helped you previously.