Skip to content



Definition: Behaviour which causes or is likely to cause harassment, alarm or distress to someone not in the same household, for example graffiti, vandalism or excessive noise.


Actions to consider

  • Report the incidents to your local council, Police and Registered Housing Provider.
  • If you are experiencing problems with anti-social behaviour, or have any concerns about it, or other community safety issues, you should contact your local council or call the non-emergency number, 101. In an emergency, call 999.
  • Keep a simple diary with the date, time and place that behaviour happened, what you were doing at that time and how you felt.
  • If you want to report a crime anonymously, you can call CrimeStoppers on 0800 555 111.
  • If the incidents are within the criteria you can download and submit a community trigger form from the Leicester City Council website.
  • Speak to someone. We all need support at some time or another and asking for help can be difficult, Victim First are here when you want to talk.
  • Visit Leicestershire Police for first-hand knowledge, industry best practices and practical crime prevention advice from officers and specialist teams all across the police.


Victim First Can Provide:

  • Emotional Support to cope and recover from the crime
  • Information on other agencies
  • Advice on Crime Prevention
  • Practical support such as a personal alarm or window/door alarm
  • Restorative contact between victim and offender
  • Support using Language interpreters and British Sign Language interpreters

More information

Information about types of crime