Help for Victims and Witnesses
At Victim First we are dedicated to supporting victims of crime and high risk antisocial behaviour.
Our priority is to ensure you are given the support everyone needs to help them cope and recover from their ordeal.
We recognise all victims’ needs can be different and that is why our service is designed to be tailored to your requirements.
Whether or not the crime has been reported, and regardless of when it happened; we are here for you.
We can give you:
- Time to heal
- Confidence and Reassurance
- Emotional Closure
- A Voice
We can offer your support through:
- Regular support and contact through telephone or email
- Face to face meetings with trained practitioners
- Practical support
- Emotional Support
- Simply giving you details or information for other support that is available to you
Victim First will help ensure your receive ALL of your entitlements:
- Victim’s Code; Every victim of crime in England and Wales is entitled to support from criminal justice agencies under the Victim’s Code.
- Criminal Justice; we can explain what help and support you can expect from other criminal justice agencies
- Your Rights; we can help show you what you can do if you are unhappy with the way your case has been dealt with
- Useful Links; we can provide you with information for other numerous agencies and support groups that can help you.