Privacy and Data Protection
Victim First is committed to protecting the privacy of people who visit this website.
- What information do we collect?
We may collect, store and use the following personal data:
- information about your computer and your visits to and use of this website, including your IP address, geographical location, browser type, referral source, length of visit and number of page views
- any other personal information that you choose to send to us when requesting support via email.
A cookie consists of information sent by a web server to a web browser, and stored by the browser. The information is then sent back to the server each time the browser requests a page from the server. This enables the web server to identify and track the web browser.
We use Google Analytics, social media plug-ins and session ID cookies to help us:
- make our website work as you’d expect
- improve the speed/security of the site
- allow you to share pages with social networks like Facebook and Twitter
- continuously improve the website for you.
- collect any personally identifiable information (without your express permission)
- pass data to advertising networks
- pass data to third parties.
Most browsers allow you to reject all cookies, while some browsers allow you to reject just third party cookies. In Internet Explorer you can refuse all cookies by clicking ‘Tools’, Internet Options’, ‘Privacy’ and selecting ‘Block all cookies’ using the sliding selector. Blocking all cookies will, however, have a negative impact upon the usability of many websites, including this one.
- Using your personal data
When you send us an inquiry via email, you may give us personal information about you including your name, your date of birth, your postal address, your email address, and your telephone number. You may also share with us information about an offence that you have been the victim of.
Victim First will use the personal information that you share with us to make contact with you to offer the support that you have requested.
Victim First does not normally disclose your personal information to third parties.
We may however, in exceptional circumstances, give the personal information you supply to us to other agencies without your consent – such as local authorities or the police – to comply with specific legal requirements. We would only do this to prevent harm to you or another person.
- Security of your personal data
We will take reasonable technical and organisational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information.
We will store all the personal information you provide on our secure password- and firewall- protected servers. As data transmission over the internet is inherently insecure, we cannot guarantee the security of data sent over the internet.
- Policy amendments
- Your rights
You may instruct us to provide you with any personal information we hold about you.
- Updating information
Please let us know if the personal information which we hold about you needs to be corrected or updated.
- Data controller
Victim First is a service delivered by Catch22. Catch22’s data protection registration number is Z1473239.